Sunday, April 3, 2016

Week 1: Two Cultures



My name is Cody and I am a Political Science major, which means that I do not spend a lot of time in south campus, a majority of my time is spent in north campus near the sculpture garden because that is where a majority of my classes take place. 

I am taking this class because I thought it would be a great point of view to practice with my film minor I am currently working towards. I am still deciding what I want to pursue in life which is why I have majored in one field and minored in a completely different field, I believe this would give me a chance to find out what I am most interested in. These two majors also give me more of an opportunity to explore north campus, I am able explore both the social sciences and the technological advancement and creativity that the film department has to offer. 
This week’s articles showed a critique towards the art side of the cultural separation and I believe that these two cultures play a pretty big role in my life currently. When I was a freshman I was able to experience both sides of campus because of my opportunities to take different types of classes. As I specified my academic path I started to realize the environment that I was choosing over the other. The new ideas that our class has analyzed in this week’s topic can be used in other areas of my life to give insight into the what my future might hold, I may not need to look at things as black and white instead I can utilize the idea of a third culture and make my own perspective on a future that is unique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment